Thursday 3 January 2013

testing, testing....

Last year I had pretty much decided not to blog again because it looked like no one was following my posts, and I was finding my enthusiasm for writing dwindling.  So far this year several people have asked me to continue, so I will give it a go for a bit and see how it plays out.

It is Thursday, D-day is two days off and as usual I am running around trying to get all the odds and ends done.  Readying the house for my friend Shanon who is coming to care for Carson the Wonderdog, laundry and packing all the while trying to find enthusiasm for once again heading off.

As blessed as I am to be able to head south for a couple of months each winter, I begin a reluctant traveler every time.   The knowledge that I will be content when I get there is what keeps me making the reservation and getting on the plane each year.

This year I begin tired.  Exhausted really.  2012 was a bitch of a year and I was grateful to see it go.  Here is hoping that 2013 brings a reprieve and some rejuvination.

Anyhoo, I am on a hunt for my "disappeared" gear... this is year number 4 that my headlamp is a no show at repacking time.   After that is wiping down the kitchen cupboards and washing the floor.  

All so glamorous, no?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment