Sunday 13 February 2011

Weather report.

Current weather conditions 30 degrees celcius, Humidity 56%, 21% chance of showers overnight.

:)

But seriously folks, after what I considered a pretty good day yesterday I am once again recovering from an "off" day. Whatever.

Yesterday morning was spent lazing in bed, followed by some writing done outside. First day of my period is usually problamatic, and I am still dealing with an almost 60 degree celcius change in temperature, so I planned a quiet day. Washed my hair, did some yoga, went for a reasonabley long walk around the city. Sky was mildly overcast... no chance for sunstroke. Came back to the room after a healthy dinner, and then settled in for a pretty serious writing session which had me wandering down some dark memory lanes.

I knew coming down here that the plan was to complete last years writing about dark personal times. It will be draining and painful, but I feel it needs to be done. Last nights session left me wanting the comfort of sleep.

Cue the all night, saturday before Valentines day street party next to my room. Now I am usually capable of sleeping anywhere, anytime, and through just about anything... but this was so loud the walls of my room were vibrating and my windows were rattling. Well by 4am my body decided that it had had enough and was going to protest. Not horiffic, 6/10 on a pain scale... but the fatigue factor was through the roof, and if my life had depended on it I might have been able to put together a full sentance, but otherwise I was brainless.

Tylenol 3s and sleeping until 2 had me able to get up and eat. Shower. Rest. Stroll. Rest. Eat. and now type.

Today WAS to be spent at a Jungle retreat with friends, but when the knock came at my door at 5:30 am I had to pass it up. Too bad, cause I was really looking forward to it.

Next time, I suppose.

I am well nourished and hydrated so Look Out Tomorrow! Some gentle boulder hopping anyone?

Maybe my next post will be entertaining even!

Buenos Noches

P.S. I have discovered I do my best writing naked. Who knew? Means I will be spending a lot of time in my room, because (as I told my friend sanna) my willingness to entertain the locals has limits, and sitting naked in the jungle... well do I really need to explain why that won't work?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment