Wednesday 20 January 2010

Two words... Bus strike.

So here I sit, stuck, not going anywhere because there is a country wide bus strike and I can´t get to the yoga centre I had planned on visiting.

Day two and I can´t say Lima has grown on me.   Still noisy, dirty and humid.   I hit several "tourist attractions" today, including the famed Parc d´amour on the cliffs in Miraflores.   Watched some very brave people paragliding off said cliffs, but alas twas too pricey for me (or that´s the excuse I will use). Took requisite touristy photos.

Looked for and finally found the Canadian Embassy.  Closed. Of course.  Better luck tomorrow.

I checked out a couple of hostels to move into until said strike is over, or until I change my mind and fly away to a different frontier.   Mountains, cloud forest, jungle.... just about anything but this "last place on my list of things to do" city, Lima.
                        
Think Toronto on it´s worst traffic jammed, grimy, smoggy, hot summer days, then add in certifiable drivers and triple the volume. Then add in some horns, actually lots of horns.

As my mom would say, "Oh well".

Think I´ll start checking the airlines.

Belly full of delicious vegetarian fare, and I have another quiet evening planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment