Saturday 13 February 2010

Jungle Rot has a hangover


Let`s look back on my crazy busy day...

Spent a half hour rubbing a very large dogs`tummy.


Spent about an hour trying to talk a parrot down from a tree... successful, BTW


Went to the drugstore & bought 2 bottles of rubbing alcohol. Picked up water, fruit & bread while I was out. (lunch / dinner)


Tried my hand at translating a dinner menu... not so successful.

Tried to rid my boots of the jungle stench by soaking them in the above mentioned alcohol. Not so successful. After drying out / evaporating in the sun all afternoon they now smell like Jungle Rot that barfed up on itself after a heavy night of drinking very bad booze. (How many different ways do you think I could torture & maim the waterfall guide?)

So I need to find a new pair of boots, and I think hiking the cordillera blanca is probably out of the question.

Fill in the remaining gaps of the day with hammock swinging, and we come to an evening that promises to be very loud... They are getting ready to crown a new Miss Carnival on a stage that has been put up on the street just outside my Hostal. The sound check this afternoon was even louder than last nights festivities, though I thought that not possible.

I believe tomorrow is a return to the town of Lamas for more festivities.

Or not.

Whatever.


PS... the photo above is from one of my not so lazy days... crossing rivers with wet boots.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment