Sunday 28 February 2010

A weak attempt at leaving...

Got up this morning and packed all my stuff, with the intention of heading to Moyabamba.

Heard a big commotion coming from the plaza... walk, walk, walk, and there is a city / military something going on. Seems the president is in town today to visit, talk tourism, and to visit Kuelep.

Roads closed. I wander. Stop by the tour office to see what`s doing. Not much, mostly just lazing around talking. English teacher Mike is there. I mention that I would have liked to visit the top fall at Gocta, but there are not enough people... the cost of a private taxi there would be WAY high.

Lunch rolls around and I am invited to the home of Carlos and Janet, to join in while Mike has his first Cuy (guinea pig) meal. Why not? Too late for a taxi now.

We go off to the market to select said sacrificial rodent. Cute little white guy makes the grade, and goes live into a sack to take home. Bit of rice, some corn, a few potatoes and we are off... Mike and Carlos head out to the yard, and after the deed is done, skinned little white guy is brought in to the kitchen and added to the assortment of foods to be cooked for lunch. All very every day. Mike seemed to handle it all well.

Lunch was good. No Cuy for me. Conversation was lively and I had fun. Siesta time comes and I decide to spend mine wandering the streets, graced with glorious sunshine.

What else to catch up on? Not much. The planned quiet days were quiet. Lots of typing, as you have seen. Did spend a couple of hours walking off the frustration when a lovely long post went into the cyberland void instead of your reading room.

I am relieved to say that I was completely and blissfully unaware of the Chilean earthquake until I turned the news on last night. No need to worry, all is well.

Maybe I`ll get going tomorrow. Maybe not.

Buenos noches... I am heading out to watch the sunset.


And Valerie, you would not catch me moving across the country again... no way. That goes far beyond MY comfort level!

No comments:

Post a Comment