Thursday 4 February 2010

Photo frustration


I spent most of the afternoon trying to accomplish 2 things, find a way to access the photos on my camera and find a padded envelope to mail a couple of trinkets home so I won`t have to backpack them out.

The photos are now safely ensconced on my new memory stick, but not transferring well through the agonizingly slow internet connection. Still haven´t tracked down the padded envelope.

Close your eyes and imagine me TRYING to explain `padded envelope´ in spanish. Like gnashing teeth together. Since I had told Ezra that it was going to be a spanish only afternoon I was once again providing free entertainment. I should charge a fee.

The rain today has been unrelenting. It started about 2pm and has poured steadily since then. The streets have turned into creeks, and of course this is one of the few days I left the hostal without my trusty day pack containing my poncho. So I joined the throngs of people scurrying from one overhang to another as I ran my errands.

I also bought a spanish / english dictionary, in the hopes that I will find words when I want them. Here`s hoping it isn`t wasted money.

This one is for Leona:



This is the friend that joined me for breakfast:


That`s it for today. Tomorrow is still a tantalizing mystery.

Buenos Noches
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment